Friday, March 9, 2012

AphroChic Exclusive: A Preview of Elle Decor's International Issue

Elle Decor April 2012 Cover

I am so thrilled to share you with you some exclusive images from ELLE DECOR's upcoming international issue.  It is my absolute favorite issue of the magazine, covering amazing interiors from around the globe.  And this year it's packed with interiors from Paris, London, Madrid and Morocco.  I am excited to share a sneak peek from the issue, images from the home of one of my favorite bloggers, Maryam Montague of My Marrakesh.

elle decor 1

Her modern-day riad, designed by her husband and architect, Chris Redecke, is absolutely stunning.  Filled with treasures from her travels to India, Tibet, and throughout Africa, Maryam and her husband Chris have created a home like no other.  Filled with modern classics like Frank Gehry's Wiggle Chair, and ethnic accessories including Indian mirrors, Moroccan rugs and Malian blankets, it is no wonder that Maryam has dubbed her unique style, "modern ethnic".

EDC040112_166

It is also no wonder why ELLE DECOR included this stunning home in their international issue.  Through each photo we are transported into another world, walking through tall archways, and into amazing tiled courtyards.

EDC040112_167

Local craftsmanship can be seen throughout the home.  The bamboo light fixtures in the outdoor courtyard were made by a local artisan.

EDC040112_166

The coffee tables in this sitting room are upcycled Moroccan road signs.

EDC040112_169

And the work of international artisans is also a part of this 4,500 square foot home.  Even I can't forget Maryam's post on her blog about the beautiful wall murals she had designed for Peacock Pavilions, like the golden one in this bedroom.

ELLE DECOR's international issue hits stands, Tuesday, March 13th.  With homes like Maryam's, this issue is sure to be a collector's item.

{Photography by Simon Upton; Photos Courtesy of ELLE DECOR}

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for these great pictures.

    That golden mural in the bedroom is just stunning. The bed covers, the carpet... seriously, everything looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, J! I am so flattered you like my house! (I thought you might like all those African touches!) I am going to post these pics, too:-) I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Maryam! I hope to get out there one day and see your beautiful home in person. It is spectacular. Congrats!

      Delete
  3. Some of it seems a bit OTT in my opinion. I do like the Moroccan styled kitchenette though...I can picture myself having a cup of tea there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this was very informative to me. I shared on my socials...;-)
    home decorator collection

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin